This 240v remote photocell is perfect for creating external photocell units within waterproof junction boxes or integral to larger 240v fitings where a light sensor is required.
A photocell automatically turns on the subsequent circuit at dusk and off again at dawn; no need to remember to turn off fittings in the morning! When used with lighting it can also add security around the home with the surrounding area being illuminated all night long. A photocell is not only resticted to controlling outdoor / garden lighting, but any 240v electrical equipment which may be required to run only at night time.
The internal photocell box is not waterproof so must be located inside a waterproof box or fitting, however the protrusion of the sensor itself can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions once installed with the use of the rubber washers supplied. Both black and clear locking nuts and washers are supplied (interchangable).
- Voltage: 240V 50-60Hz
- Power Rating: 1500VA or 5A Inductive Load at 60uf
- Max Wattage: Incandescent 600W / LED 300W / Energy Saver 150W
- Switching level: 70 lux (approx.)
- IP Rating: IP44 (waterproof)
- Box to Sensor – Live In (Brown), Live Out (Red) approx. 450mm
- Box to Connection Block – Live In (Brown), Live Out (Red), Neutral (Blue) approx. 450mm
- Dimensions: Box = 42 x 42 x 30mm / Sensor = 26 x 26 x 22mm
- Installation Hole Size: 20mm